Fifteen years or so ago- I noticed a whole lot of houses in the neighborhood for sale. I organized a neighborhood open house. Each realtor or for sale by owner was invited to join. For the cost of one half of one percent of the homes’ listed price, you would be included on a map of the homes that was to be available on the day of the tour- and we’d support it with ads in the paper, and a radio campaign. We had something like 25 houses on the tour that day- and it was a huge success.
A few realtors thought they should get special treatment since they had more listings and tried to welch. A few people didn’t pay- but had their homes open too- but overall- it worked.
Yesterday, on social media, I found out that ten homes will be open in the ‘hood today- including a few beauties. It was organized organically- and I have nothing to do with it. However- this is what the people of South Park do so well- and it’s why our neighborhood can truly stand by its tagline “where neighbors become friends”
If you are in the market for a new home- come on down.
Sunday, November 3rd from 2 to 4 p.m., ten homes will be open and available to tour. If you are looking for a new place to call home, a fixer upper or just want to see what it would be like to live in a great neighborhood like South Park, be sure to stop on by during our Neighborhood Open House!
Everything starts at Ghostlight Coffee, 1201 Wayne Ave. There we will have maps of the houses featured during the Open House, neighborhood information, great java. From there you’ll begin your tour of our friendly streets and open homes.
Here’s a list of the houses that will be open.
- 217 Perrine – Michael Royce – Listing Link
- 3 Bradford – Kamela & Co – Listing Link
- 604 Oak – Kamela & Co – Listing Link
- 219 Adams – The Home Group – Listing Link
- 14 Johnson-The Home Group
- 15 Johnson-Private Seller – ready to rehab? This home could be your blank slate to create the home you’ve always wanted.
- 28 Bonner-Private Owner – soon to be on the market
- 208 Bonner-The Home Group – Listing Link
- 121 James-The Home Group – Listing Link
- 559 Wyoming-The Home Group – Listing Link
Be sure to stop by Blommel Park while you’re in the neighborhood. From 2 to 4 p.m. our social committee will be grilling up hot dogs and will be available to answer any questions you might have about the neighborhood.Visit www.historicsouthpark.org/open13 to download a map