The board meeting was yesterday. The new list of upcoming candidates still isn’t posted on the website.
All five of the new candidates for the three seats on Dayton Public Schools made it on the ballot. This is a feat, because the threshold is 300 signatures.
- Jamie Rippey 502 W. Stewart St. Dayton 45417
- Dion D. Sampson Sr. 224 N. Williams St. Dayton 45402
- Joe Lacey 207 E. Sixth St. Dayton 454028
- Will Smith 1316 Amherst Pl. Dayton 454068
- Gabriela Pickett-Mosier 230 S. Dutoit St. Dayton 454028
Lacy is trying to make a comeback. If you need a reminder of why you shouldn’t consider him, here’s a video:
With 4582 views, to date, it’s one of the more popular videos about the school board’s ineptitude. Granted, compared to Reverend Harris, Sheila Taylor or Reverend Walker, Joe is 10 times smarter, but, he sucked up pretty hard to Dr. Adil Baguirov, the biggest rule-breaker to ever get elected.
Trotwood School board has 3 candidates for 2 seats.
- Michael R. Andrews 6229 Afton Dr. Dayton 45415
- Khalilah Forte 6198 Weybridge Dr. Trotwood 45426
- Vanessa Jeter-Freeman 5601 Northford Rd.Trotwood 45426
But there may be issues with Andrews petitions- he seems to be 2 short of 50. He’s an appointed member now, and never had to run before, so he’s technically not an incumbent. If he doesn’t make it on the ballot, small shift on the board that’s on the ropes.
Trotwood council (at large) also may have an issue-
- David E. Young 7008 Bellcreek Ln.Trotwood 454268
- Scotty A. Sly Sr. 5290 Gardendale Ave. Dayton 454178
- Rhonda C. Finley 805 MacMillan Dr. Trotwood 45426
- Robert L. Kelley Jr. 720 Broad Oak Dr. Trotwood 54268
Young, a challenger to incumbents Finley and Kelley, is being challenged on the 1 year residency issue.
On the Montgomery County ESC- the hardest seat to run for- since the eligible voter pool is about half-a-dozen,
- Eric Walker-Mabry 4970 Donlaw Rd. Dayton 45417
- Daryl Michael 143 Habron Ct. New Lebanon 453458
- Greg S. Shell 67 Country Ln. Farmersville 453258
The only challenger- Walker-Mabry is being called out because 3 of his petitions didn’t have all the info on them, as if voters actually care that he has his address listed.
- Craig Anderson 3605 Evansville Ave.Dayton 45406
- Ron Casey 5301 Mayberry Pl. Dayton 454158
Challenger Anderson is being questioned because of his petitions having 3 different residences for him. Tornado may be partially to blame, but who knows.
6pm. Classic BOE fashion- they send out an email at 2.25 pm:
The Montgomery County Board of Elections will conduct an emergency Board Meeting tomorrow at 8:30am to certify candidates for non-partisan races and local options for the November 5, 2019 General Election. Attached is the agenda for the meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Bill Hibner | Executive Manager
The agenda is absolutely worthless- no details at all.[caption id="attachment_17354" align="alignright" width="300" class="align "] Click on image to download PDF[/caption]
Board Meeting Agenda
Thursday, August 15, 2019
I. Call to Order
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Candidate Petitions for the November 5, 2019 General Election
I. Motion to certify candidate petitions that appear valid
II. Consideration of candidate petitions that appear invalid
III. Consideration of candidate petitions that appear questionable
IV. Local Option petitions for the November 5, 2019 General Election
I. Motion to certify local option petitions that appear valid
II. Consideration of local option petitions that appear invalid
V. Director, Deputy Director, and Board Member Comments
VI. Public Comments
VII. Announcement of Next Meetings: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
A proper agenda would actually specify some of the issues above, but, noooooooo…..