We need a better way to inform voters of the issues and the candidates than these huge media campaigns based on :30 second sound-bite rhetoric.
That’s why we’re getting together to start working on Democratic Party 2010 on Thursday, Mar 13, 2008 at 7pm at the South Park Tavern, 1301 Wayne Ave Dayton OH 45410
It’s open to everyone, and there will be more meetings in the future.
Our initial goals for discussion are:
- to make sure that Democrats always have a choice in primaries
- to encourage new candidates
- to raise the level of meaningful discussion/debate between candidates (the presidential debates should prove that more discussion brings more interest)
- finding ways to cut the costs of campaigns by making the process more accessible.
- cutting through bureaucracy for ballot access and trying to standardize it
- engaging voters in the process
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in- come on down. The tavern features Pizza Factory Pizza- so that should be even more reason to join us.