Just a reminder- if you haven’t received a notice of election with your polling place on it, you may not be registered to vote at your current location. Ohio will drop you from the rolls if you haven’t voted in a long time.
Also, convicted felons can vote in Ohio. This is a common misconception- you can’t vote while incarcerated, but once you have served your time, you are eligible. Make sure you are registered at your current address.
You do not need to have ID with you to register, however, if you are going to vote, you will have to have ID.
- Or one of the following forms of voter identification:
- a copy pf your Ohio driver’s license
- a copy of an identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government
- an original or copy of a utility bill
- an original or copy of a bank statement
- an original or copy of a paycheck
- an original or copy of a government check
- an original or copy of another government document
The above comes from this page:http://www.mcohio.org//boe/voter_information/absentee_voting/application.html
Here are the rules for registration: http://www.mcohio.org//boe/faqs/registration.html
Due to the new early voting opportunities, you can also register and vote on the same day tomorrow- so consider casting your vote early.
Montgomery County Board of Elections has special extended hours tomorrow: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Oct. 6. They are in the basement of the Montgomery County Building which is the tall tower on W. Third Street directly across from Sinclair Community college.
Although I’d recommend the Board, here are the other places you can register, but remember, the deadline is Monday, Oct. 6:
You may register to vote:
- At the Montgomery County Board of Elections or the Secretary of State’s office.
- At any Branch Registration Agency.
- At any public high school or vocational school.
- At any office of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- At any office of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.
- At any public libraries.
- At the County Treasurers’ offices.
- By mail.