Wow, it sure is great never having to have to work for a real business a day in your life if you’re Nan Whaley or Russ Joseph. Just take the taxpayers money, buy tickets to the first four games, and then distribute them to your political hack friends and family.
An internal Email from Russ Joseph  and guest list  made their way over to Esrati.com today. From Russ Joseph- who is Commissioner Matt Joseph, to Nan Whaley and CC’d to Kery Gray who has the title of “Executive Assistant to the City Commission” which is a $90k a year position created by former Mayor Rhine McLin before she left office. (before that, the City Commission only hired the City Manager, the head of the Human Relations Council and the Clerk of Commission- this position was set up as a perk for being a loyal servant, since Mr. Gray used to go to Rhine’s “house” to pick up campaign donations on city time – we know this because of the porcelain pig/bomb episode )
Russ asks “Kery if you can round up the VIPs I can take care of distributing to this motley crew” – which I take to mean, the VIP tickets that the city and the airport have acquired for the First Four.
This was in response to Nan writing Russ and probably Kery in an email on March 17, 2013, at 8:33 p.m.:
So look this over but if I am right I need 10 for every day and 2 bonus for Tuesday and
Wednesday. Kery we will need to round up the YIP’s tomorrow and distribute. How many did
the airport have? JP told me on Saturday that he had found 15 with the airport. but we will need
to do some running!
–All Days: Mark Owens & Tony Nolf
–All Days: Mike Rice & Guest
–All Days: Russ Joseph & Matt Cox (Wednesday it will be Katie Joseph & Charles Eamhart)
–All Days: Sam Braun & Steven Inlow
–Tuesday and Wednesday: Karl Keith & Guest
–Tuesday: Kery Gray & Guest
–Wednesday: Meg & Nolan Thomas
–Friday and Sunday: Matt Joseph & Guest
Also [need 4 more First Four tickets for both nights like we talked via text. 2 for Jason Miller
and 2 for the Gehres’ Brothers.
Thanks for your help in ticket hell.
We also have the list of tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
For those of you who don’t know the players:
- JP- JP Nauseef, former CEO of the Dayton Development Coalition who was shown the door after it looked bad for giving a no-bid contract to Lori Turner (then wife of Congressman Mike Turner) to create the craptastic “Get Midwest” branding campaign. JP is now in charge of the “First Four” festival, working for UD and running a Myrian Capital that is backed by Clay Mathile .
- Mark Owens is the Dayton Clerk of Courts, The Montgomery County Democratic Party Chair and Nan’s campaign Treasurer and also served as Rhine McLin’s Treasurer.
- Tony Nolf: ? readers, can you fill us in?
- Mike Rice is husband to Carolyn Rice who is our County Treasurer (you pay her your property taxes) and both are good Democratic party faithful.
- Russ Joseph: Dayton City Commissioner Matt Joseph’s brother, dem party faithful on the screening committee and works for Mark Owens in the Clerk of Courts office
- Matt Cox: ? readers, can you fill us in?
- Katie Joseph: wife of Russ, Charles Earnhart is her brother.
- Sam Braun: Works for Karl Keith, husband of Nan Whaley.
- Steven Inlow:
? readers, can you fill us in?Nan’s cousin
- Karl Keith & Guest: Karl is the vice chair of the Montgomery County Democratic Party and the Montgomery County Auditor.
- Kery Gray & Guest: He’s the ticket flunky- who get’s paid $90k a year to do Nan and Russ’s dirty work.
- Meg & Nolan Thomas: Meg works for Karl, and is a Montgomery County Dem Party insider who likes to hiss like a snake when I speak at the Dem party meeting and suggest they could also endorse AJ Wagner since 2 people will make it through the primary. I’m assuming Nolan is her husband.
- Matt Joseph & Guest: The city commissioner who is the brother of Russ. Matt doesn’t put money in city parking meters, he parks for free. 
- Jason Miller: ? readers, can you fill us in?
- Gehres’ Brothers: Son’s of party favorite, Judge Dan Gehres. They do video work for Nan.
So, instead of using these tickets to reward city employees for taking pay cuts, doing great work, creating a surplus, or for use by the “economic development” department to woo and entertain prospective new employers, we have the hottest tickets in town being divvied up by the “Monarchy of Montgomery County” run by Prince Russ Joseph and Queen Nan.
I wasn’t aware that being elected or working for the government entitled you to free tickets to the hottest event in town. There are rules about accepting free tickets while in office, and I’m not seeing any mention of how much these tickets are going to cost each of these favored friends and family.
Does anyone have the balls to investigate Basketball-gate other than, well, me?
It’s time this “motley crew” started paying their own way to events, just like the rest of us.[UPDATE: 10:26PM]
A reader sent me what they paid for tickets:
Tuesday night - 100 level at the arena $45 per ticket = $90 Wednesday night 100 level $45 per ticket = $90 Friday afternoon - 200 level at the arena $75 per ticket = $150 Friday night - 200 level at the arena $75 per ticket =$150 Sunday afternoon - 200 level at the arena $75 per ticket =$150 Parking for all events $40 Total: $670 Nan and Russ are dealing with 10/12 tickets for all events. Meaning they are receiving gifts of over $3,350 from the taxpayers. Are you mad yet?